I decided to keep working on unfinished tasks so there will be varied updates. Here goes the summary:
Route map for V5 (80%)
Stages are being rearranged. Many of them are changing place, shape and connections. There are 2 main interconnected routes, with fork which can become new sub-routes. I hope to get twice the stages I had with v4.
On top of new stages, there’s a plan to update scenes:
But it’s not all about changing scenes but also adding new effects and details which were not present in the original ones:
The sun blinds when it’s uncovered by the scenery (this scene still has to be improved).
Cutscene viewer (100%)
The old menu has been redesigned and a new tab for watching the cutscenes grouped by stage has been added.
Palette editor (100%)
A button for choosing the different versions of a character has been added. There are new palettes for characters too, being more complex and based on alternative palettes from SOR2, SOR3 and BKIII.
Improved hit boxes
As expected, collisions are being improved for both characters and enemies.
Logo change option (not finished)
- The game logo can be changed on Miscellaneous option (the SOR logo will be the default one).
- Some little details will change as well, such as the window name.
Store points count (99%)
- Points are based on collecting certain items during the game.
- There bonus and penalties based on some factors, such as using the stage selector.
Other improvements and bugfixes
1. If you hit an enemy the moment it lands from a jump it slides before flying backwards (fixed).
2. After using a continue with the start button, the game pauses if the button is kept pressed (fixed).
3. Characters falling off a precipice are shown above the talk boxes (fixed).
4. CPU partner can choose whether continuing or not (absurd AI), and it can choose palettes or versions (added).
5. When an enemy is thrown off a precipice and its healthbar is shown, if you jump you get slowed down (fixed).
6. The ESC key was kept pressed when keeping it pressed in the menu (Note from translator: what?) (fixed).
7. When loading a savestate of a gamepad-played game and not finding any gamepad, the game shows an alert (added).
8. Better fades: game over, demo mode, etc (added).
9. Enemies can’t hit you while you are sneexing (added).
10. When you are thrown shots can hit you (fixed).
11. You can pause the game in the stage clear message (fixed).
12. Enemies are now unharmed by their own throws (added).
13. If a character finished the stage while dying without having time to respawn, it will reappear just to die instantly (fixed).
14. The revenge menu in the battle mode could be paused, resulting in you controlling two menus at once (fixed).
15. Objects like trash cans break when the stage boss dies (fixed).
16. Bug in the fading of the select character screen (fixed).
17. Objects sync in vertical scroll improved (added).
18. With the no SOR3 items mode activated, if there is food and a weapon at the same place you might end getting up the weapon before the food (added).
19. When a biker is knocked down offscreen its bike doesn’t come into the screen (fixed).
20. Bikes sliding out of the screen don’t explode (fixed).
21. Grenades that rebound against a wall/object don’t explode and can be picked up again (fixed).
22. The menu remembers the last positions in every submenu, making navigation faster (added).
23. Bug concerning the versus select character screen (fixed).
24. Added weapon reflexes on the ground (not shadows) (added).
25. Enemies that laugh when the played dies get knocked down when the player respawns without finishing the animation (fixed).
26. Bug concerning the AI outside the story mode (fixed).
27. Added support for more enemy names than the default ones (when typing new ones in the name editor) (added).
28. Added a block in the stage selector, now you have to visit them before being able to select them (added).
29. Added filters and graphic modes in the initial configuration menu (added)
30. If there’s an earthquake when the stage clear message is going to be shown, the screen elements might get out of the screen (fixed).
31. If a ninja jumps and goes out of the screen before throwing shurikens they don’t appear (fixed).
32. When you continue you can choose locked palettes (fixed).
33. When continuing, the last selected character will be shown instead of the favourite one, which will be used for the select character screen (added).
34. Improved the way in which characters go out of the screen when they don’t have to go to a specific spot (added).
35. When entering a scene you can now see how the lifebar fills up from scratch as in the original games (added).
36. If you hit a container object on the screen limit, its item might disappear (fixed).
From now on, the blog updates will consist of monthly compilations. The forum threads to know about the small updates as they happen are: