I wanted to write an update earlier, but I found more material to be corrected before going on to the next step; on the other hand recreating all of the animations, so they’d look like the original ones as much as possible, for the 23 new files has been a quite time-consuming task although much less than expected.
1. Finishing new palettes (98%)
361 palettes done, almost all of them but the 5 remaining enemies’ ones.
2. Fix v4 bad ripped enemies (100 %)
Completed. Additionally, these ones needed exceptional fixes:
- SOR3 Shiva was missing frames. He had frames from SOR2 Shiva and several other errors.
- SOR2 Jet was missing frames and the way he got hit was incorrect.
- Slum was missing his kick move.
- Garnet had some bad frames, specially the walking ones.
3. Swap old v4 enemies for their new versions (90 %)
I’m lacking three enemies to complete this step.
4. Create new files for the new enemies (90 %)
I’m lacking two enemies to complete this step.
While I wait for the required material to complete the previous steps I’m already working on the next one:
5. Miscellaneous enemy tasks (20 %)
- Look for little palette errors due to small colour differences between sprites from a single set and fix them.
With the help of a small tool over the game you can see a colour error on Slash’s leg here.
- Finish implementing dismemberment for the enemies (although some enemies will not be dismemberable).
- Implement the electrocution frame for the major part of the enemy roster:
Every electrocutable enemy will have its custom electrocution frame.
- Implement the possibility of enemies getting burned, ie. on the bar on fire scene.