Streets of rage Remake v5.0 - Final version released

Discuss our remake of the famous beat 'em up trilogy here

Moderators: Iceweb38, charco, Kyojinmaru, Stev0

Re: Streets of rage Remake v5.0 - Final version released

Postby Dzsurnik » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Oh man, I cut my arms! I must have SoRR 5 today, I eant to play before i go to sleep :D
"I think it’s important to keep a balance in things.
Yeah, balance, that’s the right word.
Because the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything.
Of curse, the guy who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all."
Dzsurnik

Postby Feanor » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Sorry, it's very long to upload. The progress is just at 59% for the first part and 0% for the second... The game is more than 200 Mo.
Feanor
Galsia

Postby charco » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:41 pm

SEGA have contacted regarding the download hosted on this site. While this issue is being resolved, please do not upload the game for others to download. Any links posted on this site will be removed. Thank you.
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
charco

Postby Feanor » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:45 pm

No problem, I just wanted to help.
Feanor
Galsia

Postby JoyJoyfulRabbit » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:53 pm

I separated SorRv5 :) but cannot share with you unless SEGA found out and messing one. I only uploaded mediafire and download by myself. :mrgreen: No worry, I try my best to make FireFox download speed faster with DownThemAll!
R.I.P. my dad... but my projects will never close.

All non-Moderators, please do not against newbies or my head will be hurt.
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Shiva

Postby Dzsurnik » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Come'on SEGA give US the download link!
"I think it’s important to keep a balance in things.
Yeah, balance, that’s the right word.
Because the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything.
Of curse, the guy who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all."
Dzsurnik

Postby DarthDaggett » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:10 pm

charco wrote:SEGA have contacted regarding the download hosted on this site. While this issue is being resolved, please do not upload the game for others to download. Any links posted on this site will be removed. Thank you.

I suspected it had something to do with Sega. The FAQ says they were contacted, and it seemed from the wording in the FAQ that everything would be ok. Does Sega just have a problem with the download link being hosted unofficially on a non-Sega site, or is the issue more complicated than that?
DarthDaggett

Postby affinity » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Dzsurnik wrote:Come'on SEGA give US the download link!

If people already downloaded, it's best for outside sources to provide free links elsewhere. SEGA are being jealous jerks even despite being aware that it's freeware.

Years ago, SEGA of America didn't even remember they owned the Streets of Rage franchise, and now they want to put a stop to an incredible fan project from releasing as freeware, which has spanned almost a decade of work?

This reminds me of the time Square Enix stopped some people from finishing their Chrono Trigger remake project. Laws whatever, copyrights whatever. They aren't making money off of it and it's meant for private entertainment, so why the **** is SEGA being so selfish? It's not like they are going to make a new good Streets of Rage game anytime soon. All they are good at is milking past games and their modern games suck so badly.

This is a serious time where people out there who already downloaded it should share this remake to everyone (of course for free and giving credit to its creators and website). Of course it can't be done on this message board because with those SEGA idiots having nothing better to do than to interfere with a masterpiece, the website would get in trouble if links appeared here.

Maaaaaybe SEGA will come to an understanding and allow a link here, but not counting on it.

SEGA only cares about money and have no respect towards fans and free fan-based contributions to the community, lets see them prove that statement wrong.
affinity

Postby DarthDaggett » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:22 pm

affinity, at the very least we should see what the SORR team has to say on the matter. That Sega contacted the team is the only information we've received since the link was taken down. We don't yet know what Sega wants.
DarthDaggett

Postby charco » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Sorry guys, we won't be discussing details here. I am locking this thread for now.
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
charco

The Gratitude of Rage (The Thanks Topic)

Postby Axel2k11 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:52 pm

it's just something that i would do, it's a pacific topic please.

a topic to express my Gratitude with all the guys that are worked on this PROJECT of TITANS !!!

i followed you & your job since a few years (until the sad April month) & i would THANKS everybody's contributing this project !

thanks to the CODERS, all the Remixers (great for our fan's ears), all the people who have contributed even a little bit, because a little + a little + a little with the years have resulted in an awesome, amazing, incredible things.

Union is power, patience is virtue !!!

also i would thank all the SOR community behind this project, coming with ideas, detecting bugs...

these few words will never be enough to express how i was happy since 2005 (the year when i discover this SORR project.)

Don't be sad guys neither frustrated, all you did, you did it with your heart, the heart of Fans, the only hearts that can understand this love are us, our Fans that they supported you for years !!!!

if you loved BOMBER GAMES, please YOU Fan, express your gratitude to the team in writing a few kind words to alleviate their pains.
it's the only last celebration that we can do for them. EXPRESS YOUR LOVE

AXL2K11, SoRR Bomber Games Fan.
Axel2k11

Re: The Gratitude of Rage (The Thanks Topic)

Postby Xelancer » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:51 pm

+1

Well done everyone... I played MK4 for 15+- years... I'm loving SORR so much, 15 years is going to be easy... :wink:
Xelancer

Postby Iceweb38 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:46 pm

Topic unlocked. Please don't get back to the SEGA case or it will locked again. Thank you :)
Iceweb38

Postby Gatronian_Devil » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:51 am

Oh, Thank You.
~*Born_to_Hate*~
Gatronian_Devil

Postby Dominic White » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:17 am

So... Any word on that much-rumored V5.1 patch? There's no small mention that Bomberlink has gone and addressed a lot of issues in the bugs thread, but also no sign of any kind of release.

I definitely wouldn't mind an excuse to do another writeup over at DIYGamer, like I did with V5 itself - http://www.diygamer.com/2011/04/sorr-released/ . Legal wrangling aside, more people should know about this game - it's great!
Dominic White
Galsia

PreviousNext

Return to SorR (English)