List of Cheats and Hacks for SoRR V4 ONLY

Discuss our remake of the famous beat 'em up trilogy here

Moderators: Iceweb38, charco, Kyojinmaru, Stev0

List of Cheats and Hacks for SoRR V4 ONLY

Postby sorrowdemonica » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:01 am

I am making this post due to the fact that there is no formal place where cheat codes, hacks, unlocks, etc. are posted for Streets of Rage Remake 4.01b.

I am new to these forums and this is my first post; Being a long time fan of the Streets of Rage Series since the early 90s and grew up to the games on Sega Genesis as a kid, I was surprised when one day while browsing my iPhone AppStore I saw that Sega released Streets of Rage. Immediately I purchased the game and after dieing a few times, I decided to check on the web for any available cheats. While searching I found various websites raging about Streets of Rage Remake and its Awesomeness… Interested, I downloaded it and loved it. As I played through, I found myself in the last level against Super Shiva when the timer ran out and lost, So I decided to search the website for any cheats or hints for this game also but was disappointed to find no easily available list of cheat codes, unlocks, etc on the web (not even in these forums, except bits and pieces scattered all over). I did see many posts of people asking for cheats and how they unlocked cheats only to discover that they didn’t appear in the code section upon restart and no one seemed to have written them down nor posted anywhere.

Without Further Ado, I am posting all the cheats that I know of, my save state, and hacks for Streets of Rage Remake v4.01b on Windows XP:

List of Cheat Codes:

Type one in when the Bomber Games Logo appears on the screen when loading Streets of Rage Remake.

sorrgame4 - Everything Unlocked
sorrspeed - Make Game Run At High Speed
sorrghost - Make All Characters Appear Transparent
sorrlong - Make All Characters Appear Stretched
bomberg - Same As sorrlong
sorrtiny - Make All Characters Appear Small
sorr123 - Make Background Appear Transparent
sorrfat - Make All Characters Appear Big
sorrz - Make All Characters Appear At Angles
sorr0 – No Timer (Pointless Since Available In Options)

If I am missing any codes, please let me know. Thanks!

List of Hacks:

Here is an explanation of how to modify the game to enable features such as infinite health, infinite police, Weapons, Timers, etc. This topic was originally discussed in a post started by Dark Pulse in the Old Threads section, however I found it to be poorly explained and extremely confusing.

Using the application ArtMoney SE v7.32 which is available for free here: http://www.artmoney.ru
- Any other generic game trainer should also work that allows you to freeze values, however the steps below were with using ArtMoney.

To Use ArtMoney for Streets of Rage Remake:

1. Load Streets of Rage Remake, start the game, pause it, and then minimize it (windows key or alt tab to another program if your in full screen).

2. Load ArtMoney and with the “select process” drop down, choose "Streets of Rage Remake - v4.01b"

3. Lastly, Click “Search” and Set the fields to:
Search = Exact Value
Type = Custom
Address Range = All

4. For the Value Field Type In The Following Listed Below For The Desired Effect:

Please note: it takes a ton of explanation, a ton of steps, a few minutes of your time to first succeed in getting the cheat you’re looking for.

Infinite Health Value = 24:

Type “24” into the Value Field, Next Click Search. Upon Searching, it will find an extremely high amount of results, next click “OK” in the search result box then return to the game. Unpause the game and get hit or use the special move to drain a bit of health, repause the game and return to ArtMoney.

To narrow down the results listed to the left for the one that we are looking for:

This time click “Filter” and Set the Fields To:
Search = Unknown Value
Value = Was Increased
Type = Custom
Click Ok and it will reduce the amount of search results listed on the left.

Return to the game and lose a bit more health and repeat the Filter and losing health process over and over until you are down to just less than 100 results or so (the less the easier).

Next click the “Green Arrow” and this will add all results to the workable area to the right, if you see any Values that are randomly changing numbers, are greater than 128 or less than 24, these are definitely results we are not looking for and you can get rid of these by clicking them and pressing delete on your keyboard.

Next if you notice the blank fields below the letter “F” if you click in the blank boxes it will put a little “x”; this will freeze the number listed under "value" (I suggest freezing ten or so at a time), return to the game and try losing health again, if you lose health, go back to ArtMoney delete the ones that you have froze and now try freezing the next 10 or so.

Keep doing this until eventually you notice that your health remains the same.
Delete the other remaining unfrozen values. Next one by one, set the "value" to 24, by clicking on whatever number is listed under value and type in “24”, return to the game and when you unpause the game, you will notice that your health will return to full.

Once you have found the result you want, return to ArtMoney, and you may notice that a few other results have also changed to 24 automatically; this is because some of the other values control the visual or other aspects of your health bar and remain sync together, but you can just delete these as they are not needed. I suggest renaming the Description Field if you plan on using other cheats to not mix them up.

Lastly, I highly suggest for you to click “Table” on the menu bar and "Save"! However, remove "4.01b" from the save filename or else ArtMoney will not save it properly.
Now when you play Streets of Rage Remake again, you can load ArtMoney and load your saved table and freeze the value to 24 for infinite health next time.

The remaining cheats I won’t describe in much detail as it is pretty much the same as I fully described above.

Unlimited Police Value = 1:

Much like the process described for unlimited health above, Load the first stage or any level that allows the use of the police special, minimize the game, and In ArtMoney this time, Search for Value “1” Return to the game, and use your police special, and back in ArtMoney, with Filter set the Search Field to “Exact Value” and Set the Value Field to “0” and click OK. Return to the game and either restart the level or die to regain your police special, before using it again, return to ArtMoney and filter for value “1” this time, return to the game, use the police, return to art money and filter for “0” again, repeat this process as many times needed to narrow down your results (sometimes you may only get it down as low as 150 or so results).

When you have narrowed down the results, add the results to the workable area using the green arrow, and freeze ten or so values at a time and set type in value “1” and return to the game, and try using your police special and you will eventually notice that you are able to use your Police Special as many times as your heart desires! Once you have found the single result that you want, delete the rest, rename the description to not mix up with any other hacks used, and save your work.

Unlimited Normal Timer and/or End Countdown Value = (Whatever The Time Is):

This one is pretty easy, no matter if it’s the normal level timer or the countdown in the last level, when the timer starts or whatever number it happens to be when you pause the game, search for value which the timer is currently at (i.e. 99 or 98), return to the game, and let the timer go down a second or two, repause the game and filter for exact value of what the timer is now at (i.e. 97 or whatever), pretty much you will have narrowed the results down to 2-3 with one try, and just add these results, and freeze the first result and this will most likely be the one you are looking for, and return to the game and you will notice the timer has stopped. Return to ArtMoney, and set the value to 99, delete the remaining results as they are not required, rename the description and save your work.

Weapon Selection Value = (Depends On What Weapon You Want):

Depending on the weapon you want, the search value differs:

0 – No Weapon
1 - Pipe
3 - Katana
5 - Wood Bat
7 - Metal Bat
9 - Plank
13 - Knife
15 - Kunai
17 - Grenade (Doesn’t Work)
19 - Pepper Shaker (Doesn’t Work)
30 - Gun
32 - Machine Gun
34 - Bazooka

I suggest doing this in battle mode, set it for max items and set to weapons.
once in battle mode, holding no weapons, in ArtMoney, search for value “0” return to the game and pick up a weapon, for this example the machine gun, filter for the value of the weapon you picked up, in this example, “32”, return to the game, drop the weapon by grabbing player 2 or throwing it away, and return to ArtMoney, filter for value “0”, return to the game and pick up the weapon again, return to ArtMoney filter for “32” again and repeat this process until you have narrowed the results to a few. Add then freeze the some results type the values to “32” and this time pick up another weapon and eventually you will notice that when you attack you will shoot or throw a machine gun, regardless of what you were holding or picked up. It may appear invisible or as the weapon you picked up until you press attack. Once you have found the one result you want, delete the rest, rename the description, and save your work.

Unlimited Ammo Value = (Depends On How Much Ammo You Have):

For the guns (depending on their ammo amount) for this example we will use the machine gun again, I suggest go into battle mode and pick up a machine gun, return to ArtMoney search for “15” which is the amount of bullets the machine gun has, return to the game and shoot it once, the machine gun shoots 3 rounds at a time, so return to ArtMoney and filter for value “12” and repeat this process over and over minus 3 each time in filter value, eventually you will narrow the results to a few in no time, add the results and freeze each one until you find the one that causes you to have same amount of bullets, change the value to the full amount depending on the weapon you want to use (15 for machine gun, 1 for bazooka, 6 for pistol), and rename the description, and save your work.

Please Note: If you use the Weapon Selection and Unlimited Ammo Hacks together, you will notice that you will have/start with the weapon you desire always, regardless if you have picked up a weapon or not, and regardless if you pick up any other weapon, also note that it will most likely appear invisible until you press attack, and you will not be able to punch as you will always be carrying the weapon.

The process for Player Two/CPU Unlimited Health, weapon selection, unlimited ammo, and infinite police is the same process you have done for yourself, just load up player two, and follow the same steps as listed above.

Lastly, in case you have saved your progress separate in files while looking for each hack, you can simply merge them by loading one and using "merge" listed under the "table" on the menubar and selecting your other saved file(s).

--

This is all that I feel that needed to be posted for this great game. If I have missed anything or if anything needs clarification, feel free to ask.

Thanks!

P.S. Just in case anyone wants it or anyone who’s too lazy to follow the directions above, here is my savestate and my saved ArtMoney Table:

Download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nzqdmgud2mz/SORR.zip (737 Bytes)

To Use My Save State: save savegame.sor in the savegame folder where you have Streets of Rage Remake installed.

Please Note: Using my Save State will unlock everything, will Change Rankings, set all game settings and profiles my settings, ect.. However, you can just reset the settings to your preferences.

To Use My ArtMoney Table: Simply just Run the game, minimize it, load/open “Streets of Rage Remake.amt” with ArtMoney, select the process "Streets of Rage Remake - v4.01b" freeze all values, set to their respectable values as listed above (if needed), and enjoy!

Please Note: The Address Fields Listed for each Hack in ArtMoney May Be Specific To Each Computer and May or May Not Work For You... If Not, Then Follow The Steps Listed Above To Find And Enable Each Hack.
sorrowdemonica

Re: List of Cheats and Hacks for SoRR

Postby cabo-hicks » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:20 pm

hey welcome here, and good work all these!. i not have time for read all or testing (im really busy right now :P) but anyway is a good recopilation of normal and artmoney cheats.

ps: the only bad thing with artmoney is that in some games (this happen to me with night slashers x openbor for example) the values changes, but also another values remains.
that means that some code are usseless when you quit the game and load it again :x .

but thanks to god, others codes not make that.

for example: in openbor night slashers x, the ammo values changes every time you load the game, but credits remain, that means you dont need to search the code every time for play with inf credits that play.

about the post, i will report this to ***. because if they wanted the artmoney file for put it in the site ;)

greetings
i survive the prehistoric isle!. thanks to my pro action replay codes :)

is real, this is not a fake. and thats exactly the raison because is funny! ;)
http://www.mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewt ... ion#p10000
cabo-hicks
Eagle

Postby barak1978 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:12 am

thanks for all the info about to hack certain parts of the game and showing us how to use artmoney.

I don't suppose anyone knows of anyway to hack the game so that special moves don't drain health and possibly change a characters attributes... say speed, strength etc...

I love streets of rage remake. I just like to have a play at changing a few things myself.

thanks,

Barak
barak1978

Postby Angel Anyssa » Fri May 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Hey, thanks for posting the Onihime and Yasha SOR1 costumes, they're great.
Angel Anyssa

Postby WesternConference » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:16 am

I don't suppose anyone knows of anyway to hack the game so that special moves don't drain health

Sorrowdemonica explains in the infiniti health code listed above,

if you do the hack correctly you wont lose health when you use a special attack, get hit, and all that good stuff

but as for attibrute updates such as speed and strength i am not to sure thats possible.

Hey, thanks for posting the Onihime and Yasha SOR1 costumes, they're great.

and yes, couldnt agree more, dopeness
Oakland Raiders:
*3 Superbowl Titles
*5 Super Bowl Apperances
*13 Hall Of Famer's
*Been To The Superbowl At Least Once Every Decade
*Back On Top Of The AFC West

Commitment To Excellence
Just Win Baby
WesternConference
Galsia

Return to SorR (English)