SoR MOD: Street Survivors/Brawl City

Post your demos or experiments here.

Moderators: Iceweb38, charco, Kyojinmaru, Stev0, Don Vecta

SoR MOD: Street Survivors/Brawl City

Postby DarkValentine » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:59 am

Hello all. I'm getting the chance to at least try my hand at this mod. It is my very first mod entitled...

The name itself may change to Image depending on the direction I take it. For now I have been working on a demo for others to test at this point.

For the time being, these are the available images that I have on hand.

Plan on having an alternate route in the image below.

Possible stage, depending on choice in my head.

There are more images, but those are simply test images not related to the mod. Any images that I do show, will be of the actual mod itself in progress. Once I give the alternate route a little more polish, I'll post more info, and a possible demo? Probably. This helps that I'm a MUGEN Stage creator. So I will make some of my stages appear in this mod as well. Again, depending on the direction that I choose.
I only claim the videos I make & made, Not what is inside them
DarkValentine
Donovan

Re: SoR MOD: Street Survivors/Brawl City

Postby charco » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:10 am

Oooh nice! Definitely will be keeping an eye out for this. I expect the stages to be detailed knowing your work on MUGEN stages. Great stuff!
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
charco

Postby DarkValentine » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:13 am

Thanks. I'll have much more time to work on this sometime tomorrow night. I'd like to at least release a very multiple path first stage as a demo. To give a good idea which way I'm going with this. Still learning some of the collision detection parts for stages. Now I have an idea on how to properly do it.

And one last shot of what is possibly an alternate route. Or, it could be another stage. I am still deciding at this point. Yes, that fountain is an animated one.

I''ll let you listen in on the planned music for this stage. It won't play exactly at this part, but this is my planned music should this become either an alternate route, or separate stage. I'll give you a hint of the track type: You only heard this track if you had a Sega Dreamcast
http://www.goear.com/listen/6b42cbb/track-3-
DarkValentine
Donovan

Postby Don Vecta » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Quite jazzy track, I like it. The park stage looks awesome.
Are you looking for "something"? EVERYBODY is looking for "something"!
Don Vecta

Postby charco » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:13 pm

Very nice looking stage. I love animated backgrounds.
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
charco

Postby LucasHB » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Great job, man! looking forward to it.
GRAND UPPAAAAAH!!!
LucasHB
Electra

Postby Saven » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm loving the park stage a lot. :) Can't wait to see more.
What if the world had no Streets of Rage?
Saven
Axel

Location: In the future 15,000 years from now, ruling over all the 12 dimensions and the entire universe!

Postby DarkValentine » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:54 pm

The first demo for Street Survivors is now available

Street Survivors/Brawl City Demo 2
EDIT on 10/7/11 *demo mod now re-hosted on my website*
Street Survivors Demo 2

What's included:
First Stage with 3 scenes

Standard enemy placement in various points of the stage itself.

What needs work:
Making an alternate route at scene 3 that will branch in other directions. Proper Map Collision (none is inserted at this time).

Notes:
The fight against Souther at the end of this demo is NOT the true end of the stage. The stage will be long & will have two different paths, which will lead to two different boss fights. Making it to either one will end the stage. The planned Stage 2 of this mod will remain the same, regardless of which route taken.

What's planned next:
Currently working on Stage 2, as indicated by previous posts.

EDIT:
Image shot of the start of Stage 2. With music to go with it.

http://www.goear.com/listen/7dee4ca/jazzthrec
Last edited by DarkValentine on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DarkValentine
Donovan

Postby Don Vecta » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 am

KOF 96 Boss Team stage. neat! :D

EDIT: Mediafire sucks monkey ass, can I ask for a megaupload mirror, please? Thanx in advance, buddy.
Don Vecta

Postby DarkValentine » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:09 am

Got you covered.

*Link Removed, check initial release post above for official link to mod.*
Last edited by DarkValentine on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkValentine
Donovan

Postby Don Vecta » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Checked it out, bud.

Well, a pier stage with water in the background of course look a lot better animated. The stage looks crisp and detailed and I loved it. If only could find some animation frames for it, you'd make it look gorgeous!

I still have a gripe about enemy positioning. Though most enemies have standard low life bars, I still see hard enemies and bosses as normal enemies in a stage one (come on, Muay Thais? A Bear? Yasha and Onihime?) I know variety it's always cool and all but I dunno, from what I gather, a stage one should start kinda easy on the players and with normal mooks like Galsias, Garcias, Donovans, Fogs, Signals, Galvices, Nastys, Goldies, etc. Then as the stage goes on you could put one or two mid tough/annoying enemies as mid bosses (Haku-ohs, Hakuyos, Beanos, Jacks, Electras, Big-bens or even a very easy boss like a single Bongo or a single Yasha, etc.) and then a pair of an easy boss (say, two Barbon or two Southers or combine an Antonio with a Barbon, dunno) or a not-so-easy-but-still-easy boss (say a Jet, Yasha and Onihime, Yamato).

The idea is that a stage one shouldn't have many (or any) tough mooks to being with (say Muay Thais, troll ninjas, Ninjos, etc.) of if u REALLY want to, add them as bosses in a group or one or two as mid bosses at the end of a scene.

Also remember to stay in theme with your stage, a pier it's more likely to have some tough looking dudes like the Truckers, Big-Bens (fat hillbillies with baseball caps?), Donovans, Galsias and even as guards a couple of Hitmen (like the tipical mooks sent by the local mafia to protect the robbed money as I saw in the stage 2) so seeing a Ninja, a Martial Artist or a Muay Thai guy there kinda makes no sense, same for party girls like the Soozies or Electras.

Dunno, these are just some basic pointers of enemy positioning, I'd hate to see another mod going into the pile of forgotten mods that have no big replay value due of bad enemy placing. Hope don't take offense to my advice, buddy. Cheers. :)
Don Vecta

Postby DarkValentine » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:02 am

Well you see, that's the purpose of a demo. Getting feedback from the community on how things should be placed. I did say that I need to have better enemy placement in the stage, and by that, I do mean not only better enemy placement, but better choice of enemies as well. This demo was mostly a test to see what types of enemies would fit in said scenario.

You provided me with useful input relevant to the locale used, and that's something I can build upon for the next update. This also gives me a chance to tweak some things with who is appearing where & at what time.

I needed to use normal life bars, even for the hard enemies, because I needed someone to give proper input on what can should & shouldn't be used. And truth be told, I accidentally found out that you can right click on the enemies, to give them a larger life bar (no kidding. I found this out just before I zipped it. So I decided to keep a test of what is normal, and what should be increased. Nothing that I read, explained this clear enough that you could do it).

Keep in mind, this is my first mod. therefore it's my first venture away from mugen, into the realm of a game that I love the most, and have grown up with. So any input is very well accepted.

EDIT: As of this post, I took your advice, and made better choices in enemies. So the first three scenes have been updated accordingly. I did however kept my promise of not making the part with Souther as the end of the stage. The boat that is at the end of scene three, is something that you can fight on. As seen in the image below. This makes it officially Scene 4

It will not have the boat moving up & down, because it is docked at port. So it won't move. I still need to work on two more scenes for inside the boat. and still need to work out the alternate path before the boat.
DarkValentine
Donovan

Postby DarkValentine » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:15 am

Street Survivors has been updated to demo version 2. Read in the link below for more details.

http://generation-now.net/wp/?p=376
DarkValentine
Donovan

Postby Don Vecta » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Now we talkin'! This stage 1 looks real good, great alternate route and a lot more balanced for a stage 1 in enemy placing and difficulty.

Plus the stages are looking really awesome! I'm seriously liking it. :)
Don Vecta

Postby DarkValentine » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 am

Thanks man, much appreciated.
DarkValentine
Donovan

Next

Return to Demos/Experiments