I'm glad to announce instead that Path of Shadow Dancer is finally ready for release.
Started last year, Path of Shadow Dancer is a mod that serves as a tribute to the Megadrive/Genesis Shinobi series with stages from those games mixed with new stages to make a fitting adventure for our 6 favorites brawlers.
Many kind of stages are awaiting you as well as complex platforming parts.
- Two possible paths in the game, with different stages and challenges.
- One ending only.
- Alternate soundtrack inside the game for those who are interested.
- Police not available.
- One stage will be a maze. Each room features up to 3 doors. Some are filled with traps as well.
- Extra lives are hidden in the SOR2/3 fashion way.
- Bonus rounds every 2 stages. You'll be explained what to do at the beginning. They are not canon in the story of this mod.
- There are unlockable bonus stages in the Extra archive. In the very same way than Way of Warrior, the mod produced by thenomad, you need to find a password in the game. You cannot miss the password no matter which path you took on stage 3. I may give some clues later if nobody figures that out.
- Platforming stages are Max-doable. But keep in mind some stages and in particular the port area will be harder to progress through with the likes of Max and Axel who are lacking in jumping skills.
- Most importantly, RUN MUST BE ENABLED or you will not be able to complete some stages.
- In the maze, in some rooms, you'll see doors but you won't be able to use them immediately until you've cleared the room. Except for the room with the crushers, every room with 3 doors features a free camera that is available once you've reached the locked camera (the locked camera is usually on the last door). Before and after beating every ennemy in the room, the camera will be then free but be very careful coz once you cross the part that was locked by the camera (and that will generally lead to a wall), you'll be forced to take the last door. Hope this'll clear things up.
https://rapidshare.com/files/2609376371 ... Dancer.rar
To conclude, I would like to thank everyone for your constant support and also for adding to the SORmaker community and knowledge. You all helped me out on this.
Patch 1.12 available:
Here's the changes:
graylandertagger wrote:graylandertagger wrote:To anyone still having trouble with the maze i've written a list of directions in the spoiler bar below. The directions are ment for the patch version, but I think it should work for the unpatched as well. The maze agitated me so much that I felt it should have been completely removed, but now that i'm past it I can go on.